Please read the following terms and conditions thoroughly. You are requested not to make any booking unless you agree with our terms and conditions. Mention of “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these terms and conditions shall mean Routes and Journeys Private limited. Please note that these terms and conditions pertain to bookings made with our in-store staff, consultants, over phone or by email and online bookings.
A booking is finalised when you receive a purchase confirmation from us. On receiving the confirmation, the person who makes the booking agrees on behalf of all persons included in the booking that:
- He/she has read these terms and conditions in detail and has the authority to and does agree to be obligated by them
- He/she has fully understood the Information section specific to the deal they have purchased, and agrees to those terms as they are laid out.
Completion of your booking indicates your compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that flight details listed on your Booking Confirmation is subject to modifications based on availability and airline schedule updates.
- We do not undertake any responsibility for additional costs or losses incurred due to airline modifications or cancellations.
- The respective airline’s cancellation policy on special promotional fare shall apply in addition to the cancellation charges as set out in clause above (Note: The airline ticket is restricted and subject to the Airline’s Terms and Conditions. It may be non-endurable, non-reissue able, non-refundable and non-reroute able. Any alteration in routing or change of date of travel by any passenger is solely at his own risk. The company or its associated agents shall not be held responsible for any inconvenience caused and extra expenses incurred).
- Names provided to us must be exactly as per your passport, including your middle name if any. If an incorrect name is provided during booking process and tickets are issued incorrectly, this could result in a passenger being refused boarding at the time of departure. Requests for name changes after the ticket has been issued will be considered as a case of reissue and will be charged additionally by us and the airline.
- You are responsible for managing your booking on receiving your flight information. Confirm the departure time has not changed. This can be done by checking the Airline website or by calling Airline help desk directly. Airlines holds the right to reschedule flights at any time, and any such modifications are beyond our control. In the event of a schedule change, please inform your tour guide/ hotel/ transfer service via the specific contact details provided in your travel confirmation voucher.
- Please read your travel documents carefully for details on baggage allowances. These can vary from airline to airline.
- We cannot always guarantee, for all of our deals that you will be sitting with your travelling companion/s as seats are not allocated by us. We suggest you contact the Airline directly for seating selection requirements or arrive at the airport earlier to arrange the desired seating.
- Travellers must possess a valid passport for international travel, with at least 6 months validity from the date of return and at least two blank pages at the time of travel. Transit visas if any, are the travellers responsibility.
- Final travel documentation will be sent to us 45days before your departure date.
- Any updated passport details should be furnished in writing for reissue of Bhutan Visa Permit. Clients will be required to bear reissue cost of 55 USD, visa and processing fees.
- All passengers must be physically and mentally fit for the travel.
- Any passengers with medical or mobility equipment may need a medical certificate. The passenger should communicate any such requirements directly with us. Power and/or refrigeration requirements for medical equipment in Bhutan cannot be guaranteed. If you have a medical issue or need any medical equipment, please speak to our consultant before making the booking. The passenger should ensure any batteries used are safe and approved for travel.
- Flight, transport, hotels, meals, and itineraries and sequence stated in the itinerary are to subject to change without prior notice and subject to final confirmation. We shall reserve the right to alter itineraries at any time due to unforeseen circumstances, especially during peak period or force majeure.
- Unless otherwise specified by request, tours are conducted in English.
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone calls/internet data, beverage, photography fee at sightseeing, optional tour, medical expenses, any insurance or etc are on own expenses.
- In the unlikely instance of a hotel change after confirmation, the alternative property assigned will be of a comparable or higher standard. Hotel porterage is not included in package.
- We suggest you purchase travel insurance immediately after making your booking, including cancellation insurance, should your travel be cancelled for any unforeseen reasons.
- We recommend your policy include cancellation, baggage, theft, personal liability, accident and medical cover, and any other requirements specific to your travel type and itinerary
- The company shall not be liable for any losses or personal expenses incurred by tour members during the tour or in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather conditions and/or natural disasters which may lead to traffic delays, extended stays in hotel, cancellation/rescheduling of flights, and/or any other losses, the onus is on the tour members to bear the expenses.
- All the offers that are promoted on our website are heavily discounted and available for a limited time period only. This is why we insist on full payment at the time of booking. Please note that this payment is non-refundable and can be made with PayPal, by credit card/debit card or bank transfer. If using bank transfer for payment, please note that your booking is not confirmed until we receive the payment in our account.
- Any modifications in booking made after purchase will incur fees as specified at the end of this document.
- Every travel offer has its own distinct inclusions and exclusions in addition to these terms and conditions. Please note that, on receiving your purchase confirmation, you acknowledge that you have fully read and accepted those specific terms applying to your distinct package offer as well as these general terms and conditions.
Promotions of a travel offer on our website are an invitation to travel and not a legally binding offer. We reserve the right to accept or decline your order after the order has been placed, for any reason like, an error in the price or description, the unavailability of any product or service, or an error in your order. In the event of a service not being available or your order being cancelled by us, you will be provided a refund. However, you cannot cancel your order once it is placed.
All prices are displayed in US Dollars (USD) unless stated otherwise. The prices of travel offer on our website is inclusive of all taxes, charges and service fees, wherever applicable. Please note that all prices mentioned are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without prior notice. Price changes are influenced by certain factors like currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare fluctuations. We reserve the right to adjust any fees or charges as necessary in accordance with such cost increases. We reserve the right not to honour any published prices that we determine were incorrect or invalid due to printing, manual or electronic error. In the event of a price drop after your purchase has been made, we hold no obligation to refund you the difference in amount. We reserve the right to modify, extend, or cancel a travel offer at any time.
CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE
For bookings made directly through our website & Payment Via PayPal, American Express or Visa & MasterCard debit or credit cards and a Fee on is applicable based on the Merchant. For bookings made via our agent, agency credit card surcharges will apply and may vary.
Special requests are accommodated; however, these cannot be guaranteed as most of them are strictly subject to availability. Special requests for dietary and mobility requirements, must be mentioned on your Passenger Information Form at the time of booking.
REJECTION OF VISA OR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
If for any reason, the application for visa or necessary exit permit is rejected, a refund of tour fare will be made less administrative fees.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
The company shall not be held responsible or liable for any expenses, reimbursement or refund of tour prices if any tour member is refused entry or deported by immigration authorities resulting from the possession of unlawful items or holding improper travel documents or other causes, or whose behaviour and activities are considered to be detrimental by a foreign government.
REFUND OF UNUSED SERVICES
No refund or reduction will be made to any member in respect of airfare, accommodation, meals sightseeing tours, transport or any other services which are included in the tour fare out not utilized by the tour member due to personal reasons.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATION OF TRAVEL MADE BY TOUR MEMBERS
FIT (Free & Independent traveller) / Private group / Group tour booking
Cancellation of booking must be made in writing. If the company receive the notice to cancel as below;
Bookings are refundable as per below policy:
- Cancellation within 90 days before departure – 15% per person of the tour fare + USD 100 charges applied by the airline + visa reissue 55 USD (if required)
- Cancellation within 60 days before departure – 25% per person of the tour fare + USD 100 charges applied by the airline + visa reissue 55 USD (if required)
- Cancellation within 45 days before departure – 50% per person of the tour fare + USD 100 charges applied by the airline + visa reissue 55 USD (if required)
- Cancellation within 30 days before departure are non-refundable and non-transferable
Any Charter flight booking
Bookings are refundable as per below policy:
- Cancellation 60 days & above before departure – Deposit of RM 2000 fully forfeited
- Cancellation less than 60 days before departure – 100% fully forfeited
- Any modifications made after tickets have been issued will incur additional charges.
- Any changes made in departure date, tour length, passenger names, and flight ticketing requests, are subject to availability and may incur additional charges.
- All cancellation requests must be provided in writing/email by the person who holds the booking. This cancellation needs to be confirmed by us.
- All members of the tour are required to remain within the group for its full duration. Any unused portion of the package is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other services. If you choose to leave the tour, you are free do so after informing us or the local tour guide.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATION OF TRAVEL MADE BY COMPANY
- The company reserves the right to cancel the tour due to any act of God, war, strike, riot or order from the Local Government of The country you are travelling, which is beyond its control.
- The company shall recommend alternative tours preferably to the nearer departure. Should any passenger decide not to accept the alternative tours, all moneys paid less visa fee, travel insurance or the administrative fee chargeable will be refunded to the passenger.
- In the event of a cancellation by the company due to insufficient passengers or inability to secure seats or accommodation, the company will refund the amount of money paid within 14 working days.
REFUSAL TO CARRIAGE
- We hold the right to remove members from the tour for reasons that affect the enjoyment or safety of other members, such as, but not limited to, the physical, medical or mental inability of members to accept the arrangements of the tour, unsocial or unruly behaviour, or the possession of prohibited substances and materials.
- In the unlikely instance of a hotel change after confirmation, the alternative property assigned will be of a comparable or higher standard. Non-smoking rooms are available on request, however cannot be guaranteed, as not all hotels offer dedicated non-smoking rooms. Hotel porterage is not included in package.
We are not qualified or permitted to ensure the quality or value of any goods purchased by you during your tour. We don’t recommend any retail outlets. The use of a credit card for any purchases and transactions is entirely at your own free will and discretion. We will not be responsible for any expenses, fees, penalties, costs or losses incurred as a result of transactions you make while travelling. Please note that it is the responsibility of the passenger to research and declare all relevant items when they are returning to their home country. We will not be responsible for any items that are confiscated.
We are obliged to deal with complaints quickly and efficiently. If an issue arises, please attempt to bring it to the notice of our staff at the earliest.